Welcome to the new year, fabulous ladies and beachgoers! Are you ready to dive headfirst into the latest and greatest swimwear trends for 2024? From halter tops to one-piece swimsuits and bandeaus to cheeky bikini bottoms, we have ‘em all.
Maybe women’s swimwear shopping is the last thing on your mind as we sashay into another year. Either way, beachwear season is sooner than you think, so grab your favorite shades and a fruity little mocktail as we delve into some of the most exciting new trends in swim and surf!
What To Look for in a Bathing Suit
Before we get into the trends, let’s talk about swimwear in general. If it’s been a while since you bought a new suit, let us refresh your memory on what you should pay attention to when shopping for your next bathing suit to truly make a splash.
- Quality Materials: Make sure you are buying a suit that is made with high-quality, easy-wear fabric. You may want to also consider looking for an eco-friendly material, if that’s important to you.
- Perfect Fit: When it comes to swimwear, you don’t want to sacrifice fit. Take the time to find a suit that fits you perfectly, and PLEASE don’t do the thing where you buy a too-small suit that you plan to diet and exercise yourself into. Be comfortable!
- Confident Feel: The most important thing is how you feel in the suit. Make sure you’ve found a suit that covers you enough to feel comfortable but shows enough skin so that you feel confident and sexy.
Without further ado, let’s take a deep dive into the latest trends in swimwear. Let us know what your favorites are!
1. Old Hollywood Glam: A Sultry Yet Sweet Classic
The classics are the classics for a reason: They never go out of style! For the past few years, 1940s and 1950s style trends like high-waisted bottoms, polka dots, and ruched ruffle tops that scream Marilyn Monroe have been all the rage. Keep up with the times by going back in time!
2. Eco-Chic: Sustainable Swimwear for the Climate
It is undeniable that we have to take care of our planet; if we can look good while doing it, all the better! Dive into the eco-chic trend, where sustainability meets style.
How can a bathing suit be considered sustainable? It has to do with the fabric. Believe it or not, certain materials are much more eco-friendly than others.
Don’t worry; this doesn’t mean you have to wear a bikini top constructed of newspaper clippings and recycled water bottles. Check out these ultra-trendy hipster bathing suit bottoms that come in multiple colors and a unique Eco Poly fabric. You don’t have to sacrifice fashion trends to save the planet!
3. Sparkle and Shine: Metallic Fabrics Are Sure To Make Waves
If you love to gleam and glisten while sunbathing, 2024 is your year. Metallics are making a serious comeback, and we couldn’t be more excited about it!
We’re not just talking about gold and silver here: Be on the lookout for metallic fabrics in bright colors like fuschia, royal blue, and lime green this spring summer.
If you want a happy medium between a super bright, glittery fabric and a flat, sleek fabric, check out this Casablanca Top in Latte Sparkle material! Holographic fabrics and iridescent tones will reign supreme this summer. Embrace your inner disco ball and have a blast with this fun trend.
4. Athletic Suits: Sporty Suits for Active Moms
Let’s be clear: you don’t have to be a mom to sport a super comfy and functional athletic suit, but we wanted to give a little shoutout to all the moms out there. It’s no day at the beach trying to have…well…a day at the beach with a bunch of toddlers and babies.
Sporty, athletic swimwear will always be in style because there are always people who need a versatile suit that will work for beach walks, sand castle building, lap swimming, and seashell hunting. 2024 is no exception!
Keep in mind that an athletic suit doesn’t have to be boring and spandex. This gorgeous solid-color suit, one of our bestsellers, has a snap-neck detail so that you can choose your own adventure when it comes to your neckline. Sporty and semi-scandalous? Sign us up.
5. 90s Throwbacks: Party Like It’s 1999
You’ve probably noticed some of the fashion design trends from when you were in high school beginning to resurface. While you don’t have to go out and buy a pair of Jnco jeans and start over-plucking your eyebrows, it would behoove you to pay attention to the 90s trend!
When it comes to swimwear, the way we are going to be seeing the 90s emerge is in both style and color/print. While high-waisted bottoms are still having their moment, we will also see a lot of high-cut midrise style bottoms that elongate the leg line and look great on just about everybody!
6. Classic Solids: Simple and Iconic
Everyone loves a good solid. In 2024, you can expect to see some new twists on this classic take.
Of course, the old standbys will still be popular: navy blue, red, black, and white. However, this season, you can also expect to see some fun neons, a la 90s style.
We’re also seeing some fun mix-and-match solid trends starting to creep up. Pair a fuschia top with a pair of black bottoms, or for a more patriotic look, a navy top with a pair of red bottoms. You can’t go wrong with solid swimwear!
7. Bright Prints: Flirty, Girly, and Fun!
That said, on the other end of the spectrum, bright, bold prints are also climbing the charts of swimwear popularity. We are seeing a lot of neon in prints this year, and you can expect to see some highlighter hues on the beach this summer.
However, the classic prints are equally popular and trendy: florals, gingham, and delicate stripes will be all over the place as well. Whether you choose to opt for bold and fabulous or delicate and girly, finding the perfect print for you is like seeing a peacock in the wild. Speaking of which, peacock prints are making a comeback this year!
8. Cover-Up Coordination: Matchy-Matchy for the Win!
Swim fashion isn’t all about the suits; you can create a new vibe with your cover-up. This is not to say you have to wear a cover-up. Suns out, buns out, baby!
But if you like to throw on a cover for a walk down the beach or for the transition from pool to party, the latest trends are matching sets or matching your cover-up to your bathing suit.
Sure, you can definitely still rock that black, white, or neutral cover-up that goes with everything. But if you want to invest in a bright yellow cover-up to match your yellow bathing suit? Girl, you’ll be the hottest little thing on the beach!
9. Textured Fabrics: Feel and Look Unique and Fab
One of our favorite trends on the beach and on the catwalk this season is the use of unique, textured fabrics. From eyelet and ribbed to metallic glitter, you’re going to be surprised by how sleek and sexy textured fabric can be.
This ribbed glitter bathing suit combines the best of a few of our favorite trends: it’s sporty, it’s metallic, and it’s made with a textured ribbed fabric that we can’t get enough of!
10. Accessories: Blinging on the Beach
Get ready to sparkle. Accessorizing your swimwear is the newest trend you’ll want to try!
This is nothing new, but there are some specific accessories that are sweeping the beaches:
- Delicate Gold Hoops: If you have pierced ears, try a sleek ponytail with some delicate gold hoops for a fashion-forward look.
- Not-So-Delicate Hoops: Equally fashionable are large, 90s-style hoops. We are seeing these not only in silver and gold but also in bright neon colors!
- Beach Hats: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays with a cute wide-brim beach hat.
- Cuff Bracelets: One of the trendiest jewelry items as of late is a big, chunky cuff bracelet. Just put on your sunscreen so you don’t get any awkward tan lines!
- A Big Beach Bag: Thankfully (because you know you’re hauling half your house to the beach, especially if you have kids), big oversized bags are totally in right now. So pack it up, lady. Bag lady chic is where it’s at!
- Sunglasses: The latest trend in sunglasses brings us fun geometric shapes and pastel colors. Why hide under dark glasses when you can stand out?
There you have it, beach babes: the 10 top swimwear trends for 2024. With these trends, from 90s metallics to old Hollywood glamor polka dots, this will be the year for fun.
We don’t need to take swimsuits so seriously; just wear what you love and ride the waves! Happy New Year, new you, and a new bathing suit to boot. Enjoy the beach!