Brooklyn, NY (Hybrid workplace)
Andie Swim is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer swimwear brand looking for a Senior Accountant to lead our accounting processes and manage our books. The ideal candidate has a strong background in accounting principles, financial analysis, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a dynamic organization. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a rapidly growing and changing business environment is key.
The Senior Accountant will play a central role on our Finance team, guaranteeing the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting, and compliance with accounting standards and regulations. You will report into the Director of Finance and Accounting, and work closely with the entire team.
- Ensure timely execution of monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process.
- Perform month-end Bank and GL account reconciliations.
- Manage Accounts Payable process for new vendor set-up, scheduling and preparing payments through Bill.com, and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Prepare credit card reconciliations through Ramp and ensure proper coding of expenses to corresponding classes and accounts.
- Manage Accounts Receivable process and ensure activity is accurately reflected in financials.
- Manage sales tax process through Avalara and follow up with relevant states.
- Prepare the annual 1099MISC and 1099NEC filing.
- Assist with month-end accruals.
- Reconcile inventory on a monthly basis.
- Review and validate manufacturing invoices and approve for payment.
- Review and validate invoices related to shipping and fulfillment charges and ensure compliance with contracted rates.
- Recommend financial process improvements and implement best practices.
- Assist with ad-hoc assignments and special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 5+ years’ experience in an accounting role; US GAAP and prior audit experience preferred.
- Proficiency in QBO and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- CPA is a plus.
- Experience using Bill.com, Shopify, with eCommerce and consumer goods industry experience.
- Analytical, detail-orientated, flexible, and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple deliverables and work streams.
- Comfortable owning, building out and leading new processes.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision plans through Justworks
- HSA & FSA plans are among our selection
- Offer a 401 (k) plan where the employee can make voluntary pre-tax contributions. (Andie does not match contributions at this time)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for parking and transit
- Talkspace membership
- Discounts on Citibike memberships
- Offer pre-tax commuter benefits for parking and transit
- One Medical and Teledoc Resources
- Marketplace for discounts on many health-related goods and services, entertainment, wellness, travel, and much more!
- Access to free EAP counseling and referrals
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment program
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Competitive vacation policy
- Competitive compensation package
The salary range for this position is $85k - $90k.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.